Tips to help you prepare for your life insurance medical exam.
Part of the life insurance application process is undergoing the medical examination that is required by your insurance provider. These exams consist of two parts, a questionnaire portion, and a sample collection portion. During the questionnaire, you will be asked about your current state of health and your family’s medical history. During the sample collection portion, you will provide blood and urine samples and have your blood pressure, height, and weight recorded. While these exams are typically pretty easy, there are some things that you need to do to prepare. Try out these suggestions to get ready for your life insurance medical exam.
- Fast for 4-8 hours before the exam to ensure the most accurate readings.
- Limit your salt intake and refrain from eating fatty, high-cholesterol foods 24-hours prior to the exam.
- Avoid alcohol for at least 24-hours before the exam as alcohol consumption can increase the amount of fat in blood and liver functions.
- Limit caffeine and nicotine in the 24-hours leading up the exam as they can increase your blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Drink a glass of water one hour before the exam.
- Get a good night’s sleep before the exam.
- Have a photo ID ready at the time of the exam.
- Be prepared with all the names and dosages of your current medications.
- Be ready to give any history of problems associated with giving a blood sample.
- Prepare the names, addresses, and phone numbers of any doctors and clinics you have visited in the last five years.
- Be ready to report your regular physical activity levels.
- Be ready to report if you take aspirin or vitamins on a daily basis.
- Be ready to report medical conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, urinary specimen problems, heart conditions, and so on.
These are some of the things that you should do to get ready for your life insurance medical exam. Do you have additional questions regarding the life insurance application process? If so, then contact the experts at Patterson & Associates in Richardson, Texas today.