Learn how you can prevent the most common commercial business claims.
If you are a business owner, it can seem like there is a risk around every corner. Luckily, there are steps that you can take to reduce the threats that your business faces. Try out these tips to help you protect against the most common commercial insurance claims.
Minimize Burglary and Theft
1) Install Lights: Most break-ins happen under the cover of darkness. When your business is brightly illuminated, it reduces your chance of becoming a target.
2) Install Security Cameras: Installing security cameras outside your business will also deter criminals. Additionally, installing cameras inside your business will also discourage your employees from stealing.
1) Clear Away Fire Hazards: If you are using equipment or chemicals that can cause a fire, make sure that you aren’t near anything that could catch fire easily.
2) Invest in the Right Equipment: Make sure that you have smoke alarms installed throughout your place of business. Additionally, make sure you have equipment such as fire extinguishers on hand in case a fire does break out.
Workplace Accident and Injury
1) Train Your Staff: Make sure your staff understands how to safely use equipment and complete their jobs. They should also be taught what to do in the event that a major injury or accident does occur.
2) Be Vigilant About Workplace Hazards: The best way to prevent workplace injury is by keeping your eyes peeled for anything that could become a hazard to your employees and customers. Things to watch out for include leaky pipes, uneven flooring, unsteady railings, and so on.
Try out these tips to avoid having to file these common commercial insurance claims. Want to find the right insurance to protect your business? Then contact the team at Patterson & Associates Insurance. Our dedicated team is ready to assist you with all your coverage needs.